Friday 28 February 2014

OTN Yathra 2014 - Hyderabad


This was the 5th of the 7th events on Yathra and the one I was looking forward to most, as it had a dedicated Applications track.

Hyderabad is the home of Oracle Applications development in India, and most global partners who have offices in India, do so here. Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores is known for its Canadian Geese who patrol the campus but here in Hyderabad it is ducks that rule.




There were also a lot of attendees from end users including GE who sent a big team to learn from AIOUG. I was meant to have 3 sessions and started with Mobile in Fusion Applications and then the next speaker had cancelled so I got an extra hour. We looked at the design principles and had a really good discussion on the best practices for modern applications, the Simplified UI in the latest release of Fusion Applications and how people practically co-exist.



At lunch time I had the honour of meeting with Murali Subramanian GVP responsible for both CRM on Demand and Applications Development in India. Murali was our keynote speaker at UKOUG in 2006 and we bump into each other at Open World most years so making time to meet up whilst at his office made sense. We had a great discussion on how user group members see the Oracle Applications Strategy. Oracle look to user groups for feedback and UKOUG count this influence as one of their most important services.

In the afternoon, I did my BI & EPM presentation and following on from Hans Forbrich and his presentation on how to use Cloud Control with Applications, I finished off with my favourite Consolidation to the Cloud presentation; a comparism of Enterprise consolidation and the benefits to my personal adoption of a smartphone.

This was my favourite stop on the tour, I had a large, engaged and eager to learn audience and I got to talk all day about my favourite subject.

 

No comments: